On 4/11/2011 04:33, William Robb wrote:
Love the 40LTD for it's field of view, hate the lens for everything else
so....
I decided that perhaps a 43 LTD was in my future, and probably sooner
rather than later.

Looked on Adorama's website and thought the price was OK, especially
since the Canadian $ is a few cents more valuable than the Greenback, so
I ordered one.
And the day it arrived, I noticed that Adorama had raised the price a
hundred and fifty bucks over what I paid.
Somehow I luck out quite often on these things.
Anyway, it seems like an OK lens.
And winter here appears to be no longer hanging on like a wet turd on a
dog's behind, so I might actually go out and use it one of these days.

Congrats... Methinks it is a dandy lens that gets way more good rap than it should have. That is, it is an excellent lens indeed, but it has great many siblings that are 99% just as good whereas human word makes it almost sacred.

I quite like mine, but FA 50/1.4 or A 50/1.2 are excellent lenses too...

Boris