On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Robert Harris wrote:
> attractive. In photography, as in many other things best not mentioned,
> size matters.

No comment.

> But to get larger negatives requires that the bodies and lenses get
> larger and heavier -- and the larger you want the negative, the larger
> and heavier is the gear you need. Hence the term "bloated" for the
> Pentax 67. :)

Actually, I was just offered his Speed Graphic (I'm still unsure on teh
model, it looks to be a pacemaker) with a pair of lenses (I'm also unsure
of the focal length, the one on the unit doesn't have anything printed
on it), plus a series of film sheet holders for $70.

Outside of some scuffing on the leather, I think I'm going to take him up
on it just on the sheer fact that its a very pretty novelty, and seems to
be a piece of photographic history.

--
http://www.infotainment.org
         "The destructive character is cheerful."  - Walter Benjamin