I'd be happy with a fully realized tethering solution.

I'd still want the eyepiece viewfinder, but have an option to have a
fully remote control device/app that I could control all aspects of
the camera from and trigger from.

Also, open up the firmware and release it into the wild.  Let your
users hack the firmware and extend it with the remote control/app.
It'd bring a certain demographic to the brand that would buy it if for
no other reason than to tinker with it.

--
David Parsons Photography
http://www.davidparsonsphoto.com