Leicas are great for a certain type of use, but they lack the flexibility of a
DSLR, in that they can't be used effectively with lenses longer than 135mm.
While I enjoy my Barnack Leica, the lack of long lens support makes any Leica a
non-starter for me and many other photographers. In regard to optional features
on cameras, it doesn't bother me that they exist as long as they don't get in
the way. And on the K-5, they don't. I use it the same way I would use a
digital Leica.
Paul