Hi Tim,

I've considered this same thing, though Pentax normally do manage to
make a nice improvement between models.  Personally I've decided to
upgrade every second major upgrade - bought a K10D, skipped the K20D,
bought the K7, skipped the K5, buy the K3?.

I'll admit I'd like the improved low light capability of the K5 over
the K7, but as I'm expecting the K3 (for want of a better model number
 to apply) to be improved I can wait.  For a while.  If it's not
improved then I will probably go out and buy a K5 simply to keep the
control layout on the back the same between the K5 and the K7 (because
I do use 2 bodies).

I'm hanging out for some rumors of what the next model holds, but
there is nothing. And I'm watching other's buying K5's.

What should they be working on?  I don't know.  I would like to see
them bring back P-TTL flash working on A lenses like the *istD had.  I
use that.

Leon