----- Original Message ----- From: "William Robb" <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: What next in an SLR?

On 18/04/2011 9:37 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:
Have you tried this, Bill? Cheers, Christine

www.pktether.com/

Yes, and it does work. I would prefer a made by Pentax program, or at least one authorized by Pentax for CYA reasons. I do find it interesting that tucked away in the firmware of both the K5 and K7 is the ability to tether, and Pentax just plain refusing to support it with software of their own. It makes me wonder if there isn't perhaps some sort of licensing issue with the firmware preventing them from utilizing some of the built in capabilities.

Indeed.  That is curious.  Thanks for the head up!  Cheers, Christine