On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
>> It's always been a question mark to me ... Why does a camera costing
>> $1500+ need a "green mode"? Does Pentax (or anyone else) really expect
>> newbies to spend $1500 for a camera body?
>
> I'm willing to bet that people like that even buy Leicas. Level of experience
> or knowledge has nothing to do with how much someone spends on something.  ...

Rich people buy Leicas, Nikons, lots of stuff for their presumed
status symbol qualities. Sorry, but a Pentax K5 has no cred as a
status symbol. The biggest status acknowledgement that a Pentax camera
ever got me was, "Hey, I like Pentax. Had one when I was in high
school. Great cheap camera! Then I got my Nikon ... cost me a bundle
but man! is it nice!" This from a gentleman who had difficulty
noticing that his lens cap was still fitted ... on an SLR.

Real photographers buy Leicas to shoot after living on a diet of
salad, ramen noodles and peanut butter for a year or three. They don't
waste a penny on green modes. Whether they take pictures of any
particular merit better than the previously mentioned fellow is, of
course, a question mark.

];-)
--
Godfrey