On 2011-04-19 15:25 , Thomas Bohn wrote:
So basicly  iPhoto means for me, to stuck at a certain level and
Aperture would mean a lot of feature which I might need or want in the
future.

in a nutshell, compared to iPhoto, Aperture (or Lightroom) is more appropriate if you shoot RAW, if you want control over where your images are stored, if you want more control over image adjustments and tagging, and/or if you often work on multiple versions of an image

it's also a much more complex tool than iPhoto; you can ignore many of the features to start, but you'll have a bit of learning to do to get comfortable with it

i've been using Aperture for almost three years, and from what i can see it's a little bit behind Lightroom, but i get enough from it that the hassle of switching wouldn't be worth it; Aperture is also relatively cheap via the Mac App Store