From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Ann Sanfedele
Sent: 19 April 2011 18:46
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO - 2 of Grete Waitz (CORRECTED)

Thanks,  Mark -- what is especially funny is that  Is that I sent the
link to Christine of the building... and she just wrote and asked if
I had sent that one to the list - hehe!

(It was a "companion" to one she recently took from roughly the same
spot )

Here is the other Grete W  shot :

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Talented-People/Talented-People-BW-
photos/3605515_N6r2N/1/1257775306_PD55kHx/Large

Mark Roberts wrote:

Ann Sanfedele wrote:

Grete Waitz  died today, awfully young... 57.
She won the New York  City Marathon 9 times.
I got these two shots in 1980 - that year was her 3rd win and the
second
time she broke a world record.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/On-the-Road-or-On-Foot/New-York-City-back-
in-the-day/5908739_3pLhP/1/1257776747_SB5Pz6K/Large
http://annsan.smugmug.com/Talented-People/Talented-People-BW-
photos/3605515_N6r2N/1/1257775383_97WxSPX/Large
That first link goes to a photo of a building in Chicago. Yiu might
want to check the URL.

Wish I'd gotten sharper shots - what is interesting to me in the
second
one is - who is that guy with the very high number
bsting her by a few feet in that shot?  I think at some point I tried
find out if it was someone who later became something
of a star but now don't remember what I learned , if anything.

It was pretty common for fast amateur male runners to finish with the
women's winner. My friend Dave Coyne got himself on the front page of
the New York Times a couple of times by finishing just behind or ahead
of the women's winner. :)

follow the directions.