Hello list
Just a small Pentax story from real life:

Yesterday I received a phonecall.
The guy at the other end said Hello, I am a "homeless photographer".
It' turned out he was exclusivly photographing homeless people in the streets
etc.
He just published a book called "The Street Kings" (Gadens Konger).
He had learned about me through the internet and wanted to ask me questions
concerning Pentax equipment, which I have spoken highly of some time ago.

He wanted image stabilisation in the camera body, not in the lens.
He is a Canon user and wanted perhaps to change to using Pentax eqipment!!

He had a couple of D50's. I checket it out and found it did not have the TAv
exposure program.
He often got blurred images because of low light (he didin't actually realize
the cause of this him self, but he thought that the problem was caused by a
poor image stabilizer).

I told him to buy a K-r or a K-5 and use the TAv program. And of cource a
decent SDM lens or two.I often doo this myself for casual shooting in changing
light  conditions. These new Pentax bodies are able to go to high ISO values
without to much quality loss due to "digital noice"/ high ISO.

I don't remember how much Pentax gear I bought from people who wnated to change
to C* or N* over my 30 years of using Pentax equipment - but it's quite a few
bodies and lenses AFAIR.

This guy was dumping his Canon gear to get some new Petnax gear.

Not a bad choice in my opinion :-)

Regards
Jens
--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.