On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 20:56 -0500, "Jeffery Johnson"
<jefferytjohn...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have a want ad on craigslist for lenses that will work on a Pentax
> camera.
> Well after two months of having the ad on craigslist I have heard from a
> lovely lady that has the following lenses. Now she read the information
> me over the phone as the only computer she has access to is at work so
> she
> was not able to email me that information. I will be meeting her tomorrow
> afternoon after work at a neutral location (a restaurant) to buy said
> lenses. I am new to older lenses so will these even work on my K-R
> without
> having to get an adopter and also are these worth buying.
>
> SMC Pentax f  1:1.4/50
> zoom l37 52mm Nikon (the description she gave was for the filter that is
> on
> the lens so not even sure what this lens could be.)
> sigma zoom 1:3.5-4.5 f28-84mm
>
> Need help with this this evening as I stated have plans on meeting
> tomorrow
> evening.

The SMCP F 1.4 50 should be excellent if she's given you the correct
info.  Here's a picture of it so you can compare with the one she has:

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/normal/F50f1.4.html

If this is it, it will work on the K-r.

The Nikon won't fit the K-r or any other Pentax directly (and I doubt it
would with an adapter, if one even exists).

The Sigma will work if it's K mount.  If it's a manual focus lens you'll
need to use the green button method on the K-r (the quoted zoom range is
odd - it's probably a 28-80). If it's like the one I used to have, it's
OK but nothing special.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters