From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Brian Walters
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 10:25 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: RE: Advice

Just one other thing occurred to me if you're looking at older lenses for
your K-r.

Be careful of Ricoh (Rikenon) K mount lenses.  Some can get stuck on Pentax
bodies.  Further info here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=11474423

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:46 -0500, "Jeffery Johnson"
<jefferytjohn...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I am thinking it was a description for a Nikon filter but I won't know
> until I meet with her tomorrow. Actually that depends on the weather
> as she stated she didn't like to drive in the rain and there is a
> chance of some more storms coming in tomorrow evening/night.
>
> I did locate the following on the Sigma but other than this not much
> information I could find on it.
>
> http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/Sigma-28-84mm-F3.5-4.5-for-Pen
> tax.ht
> ml
>
> Thanks for the help....
>
> Jeffery

> The SMCP F 1.4 50 should be excellent if she's given you the correct
> info.  Here's a picture of it so you can compare with the one she has:
>
> http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/normal/F50f1.4.html
>
> If this is it, it will work on the K-r.
>
> The Nikon won't fit the K-r or any other Pentax directly (and I doubt
> it would with an adapter, if one even exists).
>
> The Sigma will work if it's K mount.  If it's a manual focus lens
> you'll need to use the green button method on the K-r (the quoted zoom
> range is odd - it's probably a 28-80). If it's like the one I used to
> have, it's OK but nothing special.
>

> Cheers
>
> Brian

> Brian Walters