----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Mathews"
Subject: RE: Switching to Pentax

> I'm not saying this just to be a "anti Pentax" jerk, but I
feel I need
> to state it:  My late father's one and only SLR was a new
Nikon EM, and
> I still have it, and my kids still use it when they want to
shoot with
> an SLR.  It has NEVER seen a CLA, and I've replaced the
battery only
> twice.  It exposes perfectly and has never failed or produced
a negative
> I could say was bad due to the camera.  AND,,,, it accepts all
my
> current AF Nikkor lenses with full camera functions.  I
suspect many
> could say the same about their old K-1000 too.  Inexpensive
does not
> necessarily mean junk.

The camera that goes byup, byup. My wifes old boss had one of
those. The only problem with the EM was that it was AE only. It
was actually a pretty tough little camera. A knowedgable
operator could set the aperture where he wanted it, then dial in
the shutter speed using the ISO dial.
The advantage of the EM was that it didn't have the flexible
curcuit board that the FG/ FG20 had, which is what made that
series so unreliable. The downside is that full camera functions
is pretty limited on that camera.

William Robb