On 6/1/2011 20:56, Igor Roshchin wrote:
I might try to play a bit more with this sort of effect...
I thought this photo is rather interesting (albeit not perfect):
http://komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/Mixed-2011/_IR30886.jpg

My Metz flash has a setting where it can produce a series of weak bursts whereas I could set the total number of flash discharges and the frequency. By matching the total time it would take with the shutter speed, interesting strobo effects can be achieved.

And here is one more funny shot:
http://komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/Mixed-2011/_IR30827.jpg

Yep. I do that often taking a picture of a parent taking a picture of their schoolkid from Galia's class. Sometimes parents really get in my way, so that I have to resort to plan B, in a manner of speaking.

Boris