----- Original Message ----- From: "Igor Roshchin" <s...@komkon.org>
To: <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: PESO - Dream Dance

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the pointers and sharing the thoughts.

I've done some ambient light photography of tango with Nikon D700,
about half of the photos in this gallery:
http://42graphy.org/tango/astf-2010/

But it doesn't always work (espcially with K-7), because in many cases,
one needs a reasonable DOF (I find that frequently f/1.4 and even 1.8-2.0
don't provide enough, and even 2.8 is hard to use when the motion
is fast and/or close).

I took some photos with ISO 1600 and 3200 with my K-7 at
the last festival, and they are passable shots, but I am not overly
happy with them.

Yea, I'm disappointed with the K-7's iso quality too. Maybe I'll go to a place that has dancing and try some shots. You know, looking at your photos posted here (and there are some nice ones there), clearly you have challenges to overcome with respect to light, but in a way, your bigger challenge is all the people sitting around the dancing area :-). Gosh, what to do to minimize their presence :-)? I can see photographing dancers in this context is no easy task. I'm affraid I wasn't very helpful. Cheers, Christine