On Jun 11, 2011, at 8:48 AM, Christine Nielsen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Curious if anyone has tried or been tempted by this one?

I've got my 18-250, which can be a little soft when pushed hard but which is
usually plenty sharp enough. It's also a lot lighter and a bit smaller than my
16-50.

I love my DA40 but have been very tempted by the DA35 macro as a walkabout lens.

I'd want to have least one fast prime in the "standard", i.e. 25-40mm range,
i.e. f/1.8 or faster.  I don't remember which body you have, but with the K-5 I
can get away with lenses as slow as 2.8 a lot more often than I'd expect.

> I'll be traveling to Barcelona in a couple of weeks, and am
> experiencing a pre-trip enablement crisis of sorts.

Rather than spending money to buy a new lens, bring me along, and I'll share my
lenses with you.