The 50-135 is a brilliant lens but it's awfully big & heavy.  I don't
take it along on biz trips for that reason.  But for serious tourism
where I expect to encounter extreme beauty, sure.

Of my lenses, the 21mm is the one absolute must-have.  The 21mm and
40mm are a good & very compact pair.  Recently I've been taking the
100mm macro because it's quite a bit lighter than the 50-135;
particularly if I expect to do any portraiture. -T