On 06/14/2011 02:03 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5832616817/

(Lighbox) http://is.gd/Q6u4ys

I've been following your photos in facebook.   I like this one, with the bug
and the drop.  It might benefit from cropping out a bit of the grass in the
background.

Good luck with your parents, it's tough enough with just one of them in the
hospital, but both at once is way too much.

    Larry
Thanks a million, Larry. As if on cue, mom just took a pretty bad spill getting out of her bed -- no broken bones, thank God. But, she peeled the skin back on her arm pretty badly and hit her head. She'll be fine, but that certainly doesn't go much good for the nerves -- mine or hers.

As to the images I've been posting on Facebook, yeah -- I decided I had to get out and take photos of *something* even if I was limited to walking around in the yard for an hour or so every morning. It's a daily mental health break, I guess.

I actually did a square crop of the shot for my Facebook page which cut out quite a bit of the background grass -- you may have already seen that. I thought I'd post the original composition here to see if you guys had any better ideas.

Thanks again for the input and concern. I'm going to work on this shot a bit and submit it to a small competition being sponsored by a local bank -- a little cropping and see if I can't brighten it up just a tad without overdoing it.

Walt
-- Walt