On 06/14/2011 02:33 PM, Bran Everseeking wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 11:33:29 -0500
Walt Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>  wrote:

  (It's a grasshopper-like
insect, in case anyone is squeamish about those).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/5832616817/

(Lighbox) http://is.gd/Q6u4ys
lovely study in green.  I think I would prefer a less centred crop.

I wish you strength there really is little more to say but back yards
and houses are rich with things we've never seen

Thank you very much, Bran.

I'm going to work on that crop a bit -- and I agree with you. I figured I'd get some good input on it from people who know what they're doing.

And, yes -- I manage to keep finding things to photograph within a one-acre area. I'm also fortunate enough to have a wide-open field just behind me, and a couple of horse pastures within a couple hundred yards. As things even out, and I'm able to wander a bit more, I shouldn't ever want for macro material. Kentucky has all the flora a fauna a person could ever need.

Thanks again, for the kind wishes and advice.

Walt