Ah! I didn't know this about Lightroom. Good to know. Thanks, Ed, for asking the question. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Robinson" <charl...@visi.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: Hot Pixels - Time for new camera?

On Jun 21, 2011, at 9:52, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 7:07 AM, Ed Keeney <ewkph...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a K100D that is now 4 1/2 years old with about 14000 images
taken.  I've noticed more and more hot pixels being recorded on my
shots, requiring more and more post processing detail work.

At what point do you say it is time to suck it up and get a new camera?

I should have started saving a long time ago for this.

If in the raw files, try using Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom ... they
have hot pixel removal built in.

Indeed, I was going to suggest the same thing. If you use Lightroom and shoot RAW, you'll never even see those hot pixels. LR takes them out automatically.

(This is how I am able to take extended night-time exposures and not go crazy spending all my time cleaning up the bright spots when I'm done)

-Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN