On Jun 21, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> As a footnote to all this, 14,000 images isn't excessive. You should be able
> to go well beyond that. Most of my Pentax DSLRs went well beyond 20,000, and
> all were still in excellent condition.

My K100Dsuper has something on the order of 50,000 frames on it, and as far as
I can tell is still working fine.  Then again, I shoot RAW and process in
lightroom.

> Paul
>
> On Jun 21, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Steven Desjardins wrote:
>
>> NO.  Definitely buy a new camera.  There is no hope in trying to save
>> this one.  A K5 would work much better.

Even a K-r is a huge improvement in performance over a K100Dsuper, though there
are certain features, like a jack for an external shutter that the K100 has and
the K-r lacks.

If, however, you have a katzeye screen it should work in the K-r (it does in
the K-x).