On Jun 25, 2011, at 7:07 PM, Igor Roshchin wrote:

> Sat Jun 25 12:24:05 EDT 2011
> Larry Colen wrote:
>
>> On Jun 25, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Igor Roshchin wrote:
>>

>>> Larry,
>>>
>>> It looks to me that the lights in the room were colored, weren't they?
>>> If yes, you are fighting windmills.
>>
>> There is only so much I can do with the light.
>
> Some things don't need to be brought to the daylight. :-)
>

>>> If you are shooting in the ambient colored light, - you should expect
>>> photos with the corresponding colors.
>>> Why would you want to change them so that they look as if there was
>>> a day light?
>>
>> Because photos of people under yellow light look like they have
>> jaundice, and it's really pretty ugly.
>
> I was talking about the 1st set of the two you posted.
> You've done some correction.
> It's better than the second one with the unnatural blueish-magentaish
> tint for the background.

Ah, OK.

For the most part, I think that the first set worked better than the second set
initially did. My post was mostly about discovering a technique that I think
will be useful in the future, even if it didn't work  perfectly on this set, in
the hopes that other people have done something similar, and can give me tips,
or that it might help someone else out in a similar situation.

>> The camera correction menu?  I tried that and wasn't able to get
>> anything that worked.  Perhaps I wasn't using it correctly.
>>

> No, I was talking about the LR, when you work with the RAW file.
> I believe you have LR.

My apologies,  Lightroom calls it Camera Calibration, not Camera Correction.
It has hue and saturation sliders for each channel, but not gain sliders.  I
may just need to do some work to learn how they are supposed to be used.