On 2011-06-27 16:16 , Tim Bray wrote:
Hey Paul, would it cost you severe personal or business pain if
photo.net declared bankruptcy tomorrow and shut down on Thursday?

photo.net is among the oldest community websites around; i was once fond of it and used to read Greenspun's articles and look at photos; on a lark i just rediscovered the fact i've been a member since 1998, though my account has been unused

the fact that Philip Greenspun sold it out four years ago probably has much to do with the ads and could also indicate how little we should trust the sense of stability such a venerable site can seem to have

(i hate the ads too; i only go there for PESOs)