On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>> It will be very interesting to see where this goes. I do hope it's a
>> positive for everyone ... including the medical products market!
>
> And if it isn't, I can pull a Godfrey and switch to Nikon, or whatever system
> catches my fancy.  ...

:-)

My primary and preferred 35mm system cameras for most of the time from
1968 to 2001 were Nikon SLRs and Leica RFs. While I've owned and used
successfully a lot of other SLR system cameras, if I felt I needed to
move to another SLR system again it would be to Nikon and the D700
body at present. I know their lenses are up to the task.

But lately I'm thinking mobility more and more, and wanting smaller,
less intrusive cameras and lens kits. That's what got me going for the
Ricoh GXR. Once the M-lens module ships, I'll likely be working with
two or three M-bayonet lenses most of the time and will be in the
market for a Leica M again at some point down the line. I'm not ready
to dispense with SLRs entirely yet, but I see the time is coming as
the mirrorless world ramps up in responsiveness. The quality is
already there. And, like Cotty and others, I can't see any TTL system
being the same thing as a coupled optical rangefinder system: they are
just different beasts.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com