----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Nielsen" <ch...@inielsen.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: Ricoh buys Pentax camera division from the HOYA Corporation

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <gdigio...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday, July 11, 2011, David Parsons <parsons.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
Somehow I don't think Apple is real concerned that they are not being sold
in Costco. Having sales of $10,000 per square foot in your retail
stores will do that to a company.

Yup.

Going to big box stores to look at computer or camera gear always
impresses me with how crappy those stores are and makes me not want to
buy anything they carry. Fry's has a big row of cameras on display.
One out of eight of them aren't totally destroyed .. And those are
usually non-functional anyway. Who want to market quality products in
an environment like that? And who in their right mind would buy them
there anyway?

True enough.  But, it'd be nice to find Pentax products in an
honest-to-god camera store...

Hear! Hear! Cheers, Christine/Chicago