From: Ann Sanfedele
On 7/19/2011 09:52, Darren Addy wrote:
William's shot is a nice image, but it appears to me that it was taken
in a museum, under fluorescent lights with a wallpaper background.
  It
that IS where it is taken (or something similar), then this is
understandable and a nice representation of what was there. If it
wasn't taken there and was an outdoors illuminated shot in nature,
then I think the tone/color balance/tone mapping probably
misrepresents the original scene in a rather unsatisfying way.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska

Thats interesting...  THe more I look at it..
(and I'm reinserting it's link  here)
http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/hdrshroom.html

the more I realise that what bothers me is that background.. like the
studio paper that seems to be popular in some portrait photo studios.
Maybe that, as much as the rendering, makes it look so false..

ann

I thought that was just a reflection of the sky in water; that this was taken on the edge of a pond somewhere. I do wonder if the mushroom is real or if it's a garden sculpture?

In either case, I find it much more appealing than the over-processed truck image. Bill created a nice image without going over-board.

My opinion, YMMV.

-----
No virus found in this message.