On 7/20/2011 17:45, P. J. Alling wrote:
On 7/20/2011 5:06 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
Despite the scorching heat , I -had- to get out.. so I slowly crawled
over to my favorite "boutique" the Salvation Army store across from
the post office where I go to mail my ebay sales...

This is what I got, for a total of $40.

A Tenba Camera bag ...
(The Camera bag is the TENBA expresspak 104. The receipt is from 1995
for the bag - which is in minty condition - and owner paid $32 for it
then (which was a discount, it seems) )

Inside of which were the following items

2 K-1000 bodies.
(1) The Asahi from years ago.. it weighs a few ounces more than the
"assembled in China' ones... the shutter button is frozen in the down
position (if you have any idea about how I could extricate it let me
know) and it needs a good cla I'd say... but it is the golden oldie.
I could send it to Eric (who I"ve heard such good things about) to get
it fixed.

Often the linkages get out of alignment and something jams. It's usually
fixed with a CLA.

(2) the second K-1000 works and the clicks all sound right, but there
is something weird with the viewfinder... two black lines on each side
that are mottled. the other one has two black lines too.. are these
guidlines for framing? The othe K-1000 I have doest ahve this.. is this
staining from the black foam?

Not a clue about the dark lines, but one of my MX's had a similar
problem, the black mask around the aperture came loose floating around
the prism. The repair man, (not Eric), I sent it to through a replaced
the entire prism assembly and charged me about $90. He also screwed up
the shutter timings and after several trips back not being able to get
them right, finally left a note for the store owner to refund my money.
Somehow the owner was never there whenever I stopped by so eventually I
said screw it and never went back. Just never go to Photographcs in
Clinton Connecticut.
Eric, here we come...

3 Lenses:
(In apparently fine shape and I tried it on my ist d )
SMC PENTAX FA 28-105 zoom f4-5.6. Auto focus works on my ist-d. BLACK

There were three different versions of this lens in FA livery all
available in bleak, a Power Zoom version, and a non power zoom version,
both made by Pentax, and a Version made reputed to be made by Tamaron.
All three had different optical formulas so you'll have to be a bit more
specific.
It is the same one as this :

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENTAX-FA-28-105mm-f-4-5-6-Good-condition-/280710948091?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item415bad24fb

NExt ...
50mm prime SMC Pentax FA 1.4 BLACK - this works on manual on the istD
and kinda worked on auto focus but not properly ... apparently it
works on later issues -- or some (a brief check on ebay) With
operating manual from 1991.

Let me know what you want for it...
Let me do some more digging :-)  I guess you know this lens ..

finally ...
SMC Pentax 30mm 1:2.8 The serial number is also on the front of the
lens along with Asahi Opt. Co. Japan. The number is 5377550.
It doesn't say "M" but otherwise the writing is jsut like m

The 30mm is an original SMC Pentax AKA "K" lens, it's fairly rare. In
good contrition they sell for 3-5 times what the 28 f2.8 lenses sell for
and they are reputed to superior optically, I have one it's a joy to use
on the right camera.

Well I'm going to shoot some stuff with it on the ist D - it really is in good shape and glad to hear it is something of a treasure.

Also:
a Sekonic Flashmate L-308BII LIght meter with manual ("of this I know
from nothing" :-) )

And a couple of little things I'm uncertain of ..
plus a PZ-10 manual -

ann

THANKS PJ!

ann