I haven't even had a chance to do the photos of the equipment yet
but that's partly because it is just too hot here even with my ac's full blast. I melt at a lower temperature than most

ann

On 7/21/2011 16:25, J.C. O'Connell wrote:
the same lens is $90 less at B&H.

--
J.C. O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
Join the CD PLAYER&  DISC Discussions :

-----Original Message-----
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Toralf Lund
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:11 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Today's score of things Pentax and questions..

P. J. Alling wrote:
On 7/20/2011 5:56 PM, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
[ ... ]

NExt ...
50mm prime SMC Pentax FA 1.4 BLACK - this works on manual on the
istD and kinda worked on auto focus but not properly ... apparently
it works on later issues -- or some (a brief check on ebay) With
operating manual from 1991.

Let me know what you want for it...
Let me do some more digging :-)  I guess you know this lens ..

It's the same as all the Pentax 50mm f1.4 lenses but in FA livery,
(Ok, so they were supposedly tweeked, and they have the best coatings
Pentax put in the focal length).  I've been looking for nice short
portrait tele for the K20d that takes full advantage of the
automation.  The f1.4's aren't perfect but they're more than good
enough.  I find that I don't end up using the M50 f1.4 on the K20d, I
used to use it a lot on the D and Ds.
It's still a "current" lens, too:

http://www.adorama.com/PX5014AFA.html

That price is about 2.5 times as high as when I bought mine new, when
was it, 3 or 4 years ago? Around that time used specimens would
typically fetch a lot more than the new price on eBay because "everyone"
thought it was discontinued, and hard to find...

- Toralf