Yes, congratulations.

I've got a Necchi that's older than you or I by a few years that works, I just
don't understand how to set all of the adjustments.  My sister got grandma's
old treadle wheel singer.

I think that you'll like the iMac.  I highly recommend a second monitor on it.
One of these days I hope to get a nice vertical second monitor for working on
photos with vertical composition.

I've made the mistake, as I add external drives, of not keeping track of what
is left as backups where on external drives, and am spending days using tidy-up
going through finding and clearing up excess duplicates.  Do yourself a favor
and keep better track as you go along.

You should be able to just install lightroom off of your disk, it comes with
both PC and Mac versions, though it is well worth upgrading to LR3.