I have the Sigma EX 70-200 lens and have no complaints about the quality. I haven't found the 70-200 mm focal length to be as useful with the APS-C size sensor, so I hardly ever use this lens these days.

Some time ago while shooting with other PDMLer's we did some test shots between the Sigma lens and FA 80-200 f2.8, and this very informal test the Pentax was marginally sharper. That was some time ago and we were shooting film when we did the comparison.

I sometimes tote the old consumer grade FA 80-320 f4 - 5.6 zoom in light kit and have always been impressed by it's sharpness and color renditions - though it is quite slow and mine has gotten to be pretty noisy.

MCC