From: Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2011 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: PESO Red

On 11-09-02 10:13 AM, Jack Davis wrote:
> Comments directed toward the model, not the photographer: Her dress seam is
> crooked

Did I mention there was wine involved? :)

>   and her smile could be more complimentary is somewhat subdued.

More my fault than hers, I fear. These were shot hand-held, wide
aperture, so I lost a number of better expressions to mis-focus and
motion blur. Some of those shots are on the edge of useable softness, so
I may revist them. (Sometimes I can successfully diminish softness by
increasing LR "clarity" a bunch with the brush tool.)

But come to think of it now, I should be able to safely blame the tools
here. I'm stuck with a ratty old obsolete and quite useless K20D. It
can't focus and it's quite useless in low light (ie anything dimmer than
an arc welding torch).

Meanwhile, you may be happier with her expression in this one ...

http://goo.gl/1Mg2g  [500px]

Similar setup, but no fill flash. I didn't like the hot spots, so we
moved under cover for further shots.

> Exposure well done. Bruce!
>
> Jack

Thanks for your comments, Jack.