I think the discussion of bodies is a good direction.
If Pentax could take everything they have learned and executed up
until now (in the K-5) and add a few features:

USB 3.0 connectivity
A second card slot
A built-in intervalometer
An articulating live view screen

The most radical idea (that NO one has done yet, to my knowledge)...
an IR block that can be flipped-up or slid out of the way for infrared
shooting. If implemented, this should not be off the sensor when
lenses are removed from the body. (Pressing the unlock lens button
should automatically re-engage it). It would be interesting to have
the capability to automatically shift the focus in the AF for infrared
with Pentax DA lenses also. This would make this model especially
attractive to the astrophotography market, which Pentax seems to be
acknowledging with their GPS unit.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska