On 11-09-14 3:39 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

If I'm not trying to get the whole room, the ideal zoom range for photographing people during a test or a demo, at the dojo would probably be 28-105. Lately I've been using the 16-50 on one body and the 77 on another, and that's workable. With the K-5, in the evening off the incandescent bulbs, I can get acceptable shutter speed and noise at f/2.8. I suppose that in four years, for the cost of a 28-70 I'd be able to get an f/4 lens and a body that'll give me equivalent IQ at f/4 as the K-5 gives me at f/2.8. If you'll excuse my obsession with higher ISO and lower noise.

Oh well, maybe the next time I get a big chunk of cash, I'll redirect some of it towards a Tamron 18-75/2.8.

Given that you have a DA* 16-50, that's not an efficient solution. Put your chunk of cash toward a DA* 50-135. It's an orgasm on a K-mount.

-bmw