On 15/09/11 11:20 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
Paul Stenquist wrote:

On Sep 14, 2011, at 8:54 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Paul Stenquist wrote:

I hate comic sans.  Chalkboard is slightly better, but it's still a silly font.
As far as being an imitation goes, that's true of many, many  fonts. Futura is
an imitation of Helvetica,

Futura predates Helvetica by about 25 years. (Arial is the imitation
Helvetica.)

Well then, Helvetica is an imitation of Futura:-). In truth, I can see that
arial is closer to helvetica than is futura.

Har! I'm just hassling you for fun! I'm teaching a beginner's graphic
design/software course this semester and tomorrow's topic is...
typography. So I'm really honed in on this stuff. I love typography
and can recommend a couple of really good books on the subject if
anyone's interested.

So what are the good books?

--
Philip Northeast