On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 07:55:27AM -0400, Steven Desjardins wrote:

> [. . .]  I like small cameras because I am likely to grab
> one as I walk out the door [ That is]  a very attractive>
 feature of the current generation of mu43 cameras like the
> E-P2.  I am convinced the image quality of the smaller
> four thirds sensors is not as good as APS-C.

Maybe not, but it's usually good enough.

Until recently I was still shooting with a K-10D as my best
camera. That's five-year-old technology (and three generations
behind what Pentax are offering today), but I rarely found that
the quality of the sensor was the most important factor to be
considered.

A little over a year ago I persuaded my wife that an E-PL1
would be a good upgrade from her old Casio compact point-
and-shoot.  That's got a 12MP sensor (about the same pixel
count as the K-10D).  Admittedly it's a newer-generation
sensor (the E-P1 came out in mid-2009), but it's at least
as good as the K-10D for day-to-day use, and far superior
in low-light situations.

Extrapolating wildly from this single-point measurement,
I'd expect the performance of mu43 cameras to be about
two years (or one sensor generation) behind APS-C bodies.
(That matches what several other folks have concluded).
So even if mu43 bodies aren't quite good enough today for
your uses they probably will be in a couple of years (and
to be realistic they're already good enough for the vast
majority of current DSLR owners).