I type about 15 characters in the Google search box & it just loses focus. I have to click in the search box again to get it to let me type the rest of the search term.

EG: apropos today's discussions, I wanted to know "What is the difference between a spoonerism and a malapropism". But I am only able to type "What is the dif" before the search box loses focus. I have not changed any of my preferences.

Occasionally, when this happens I get a bar along the top of the window from Firefox "Do you want Firefox to remember the password for Google+?"

It seems to have started some time yesterday.