You wouldn't want to wear earplugs, because that would get in the way of doing
a good job. You would study their music and make sure you photographed them in
a way that complemented whatever it was they were producing. I worked on Buick
advertising at a time when Buick products were pretty awful, but I embraced
their best points and enthusiastically worked at presenting them in their best
light. It was my job.

Paul