From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
Christine Nielsen
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 9:58 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: No right or wrong answer just me pondering a question.

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With regard to picking and choosing...
>
> Annie Leibovitz showed up on David Letterman's show last night.
> I've heard of her financial problems and she was plugging her new book
> of LANDSCAPES.
> Letterman talked to her intelligently and seemed genuinely enthused
> about her work.
> Anybody know if he is a photographer?

Interesting. I'm a Dave fan, but I have no idea if he's into photography.
Looking forward to watching that episode later...

As to taking jobs that don't appeal... Just this week, I was approached to
do a job for a difficult client.  I haven't turned it down, but I plan to
add a "PITA" surcharge, if you will,  to my quote... if they don't want to
play at that price, that's fine.  If they do, then at least I'm being
compensated for the extra aggravation.

My photography doesn't support my family, though.  I can understand that
under different circumstances, I'd take a different approach.

-c

> Regards,  Bob S.
>

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>> On Nov 8, 2011, at 11:12 PM, David Parsons wrote:
>>
>>> Professionals pick and choose jobs all the time.  Just because you
>>> shoot professionally doesn't mean that you are required to take any
>>> job that comes your way.
>>
>> Nowadays, very few professionals can afford to pick and choose. Even the
best shooters are hurting. Studios are closing every day.

<pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]
or who you photographs is irrelevant if you're a pro. Doctors don't treat
only those people they find unpleasant or unattractive. Mechanics don't
refuse to work on cars they don't like.  I shoot anything and everything
that someone hires me to shoot, including a lot of things I don't like.

if you did not like said band or said singer.