On 11/16/2011 11:58 PM, Dario Bonazza wrote:
Re-sending...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dario Bonazza"
<dario.bona...@virgilio.it>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: Stupid K-5 trick

It also happenedd to me a few times. Always with a non-genuine battery
near the end of its charge. Switching off and on did not unlock the
camera, while removing the battery did the trick. However, if you
insert the almost-depleted battery again, the camera will lock again.
Insert a charged battery and all is working again, possibly up to the
next end of charge.

Good to know. It was indeed a non-Pentax battery, (I'm sure it was genuinely a battery). In theory it was fairly fully charged. But it may have happened after I shot a bunch of frames all at once. It's definitely something for me to keep an eye on. It's not nearly as annoying as when my camera just crapped out and said that every battery I had was dead for 20 minutes, during a paid shoot.

Speaking of batteries, since I'm no longer shooting the K-x every day, I'm not charging the hybrids nearly as often, and I'm finding when I pull them out of my bag that most of them are reading dead when I put them in the K-x. This is after years of them working wonderfully, and with at least two different brands.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com (from dos4est)