On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:38 AM, John Sessoms <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> From: Godfrey DiGiorgi
>>
>> But buying equipment only rarely does much to improve one's
>> photography.
>
> I always thought it was the other way around anyway. You improve your
> photography so you can buy new equipment.

In general, that's a good way to approach it. But sometimes, a new
piece of equipment can inspire you to see differently. For instance, I
bought a Skink pinhole kit for the M-bayonet mount. I'm delighted to
find that it opens up a whole new way of seeing, delighted enough to
buy another one for my FourThirds SLR mount (which changes the
effective focal length so it will see differently once more ...).

But overall, most times we do better just to keep learning and using
the axe we know and reach to see differently, and deeper.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com