On Nov 22, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Bob W wrote:

> [...]
>> But I guess if I had to pare it all down to one desert island book, I'd
>> go with Ian Jeffrey's How to Read a Photograph (sub: Lessons from
>> Master
>> Photographers) because it has both a wide ranging survey of
>> photographers, with examples of their work, and smallish essays on what
>> they did/do and how they fit in the continuum.
>
> I have a copy of that, and it's a very good book. Trouble is, it's under a
> pile of other very good books; I never get time to enjoy most of them and
> they fill my house to such an extent that it's started to oppress me. So
> they have to go.

Last night we watched the ceremony wherein George Carlin was posthumously
awarded the Mark Twain Humor award. As part of the presentation several clips
of his routine were shown, including Stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac
Don't watch unless you want to feel even more oppressed.

stan