Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

So, can we agree that on a PESO or GESO or PUG entry or whatever, if
the poster invites criticism, those who have an opinion of any sort
are free to express it, and to give positive or negative feedback, as
long as the comments are directed to the merits or failings of the
image, and not personal insults to the poster?

I fully subscribe to that.

Just to add some contribution to this thread: When I (seldom) post some pics here, I always ask for comments and I am open to anything (good or bad). Usually, I get very few feedbacks and that probably prevents me from being a bit more active with PESO's and such here. I have the strong feeling that the more active folks here are also those more willing to comment and who get in return more comments on their pictures, in sort of a self-growing mutual exchange among people so inclined. (I'm not sure I succeeded in expressing my thought so well, but perhaps you'll get it) Perhaps those (like me) having little time to spend online (let's say 80% here on PDML and 20% on FB, and that's all) look far less interesting to the community, but I can understand that....

Cheers,

Dario