On 2011-11-30 22:01, John Sessoms wrote:

I'm afraid healthy living is going to be the death of me yet.

Back in the early or so 1970s, there was one of those pen-and-ink cartoons in Playboy. A guy is sitting on the examining table in a doctor's office, talking to the doctor.

Doctor: You've got to stop smoking, drinking, and womanizing.
Patient: If I do all that, will I live longer?
Doctor: Maybe, maybe not. But it'll sure /seem/ longer.

Then, a year or two later, another pen-and-ink cartoon, by the same artist. In a doctor's examining room, a guy sits on the examining table. He looks like Methuselah's grandfather, just decrepit as heck.

Patient: Well, I quit smoking, drinking, and womanizing, just like you
         said.
Doctor: That's great.  You remember that I told you you'd live longer
        if you did all that?
Patient: Yep!
Doctor: Well, welcome to those extra years.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)