On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:24 PM, "P. J. Alling"
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The dropbox boys have removed "Get Public Link" and replaced it with a
> new and improved "Get Shareable Link" command.  This does two things, it
> gives a "Tiny URL" like address, but when you click on that link it
> displays the HTML code of your web page, and asks if you want to
> download it, rather than allowing the browser to display the page. I
> find this to be very annoying.  I've left a message on their forum
> explaining the problem and asking for a workaround or fix.  I have no
> idea if they'll even respond.  However if more of us complain perhaps
> there's a better chance that they'll take notice and do something about
> it.

Have they fixed this already??

When I go to my 'My Dropbox' public folder on my local PC, I'm seeing
'Copy Public Link' in the Dropbox context menu when I right click on a
html file.  Pasting that into a browser brings up the web page not the
code.  Same thing when I go to my account on the Dropbox website.

I'm probably not understanding the problem.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia