From what I can gather it's only a problem when using a web browser, (which is unfortunately what I use from my laptop), or the latest version. Which you may not have downloaded. The version I have running on my desktop has problems with context menus on that machine, but I attribute that to it's Ancient operating system, (Win2K).

On 12/1/2011 1:23 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:24 PM, "P. J. Alling"
<webstertwenty...@gmail.com>  wrote:
The dropbox boys have removed "Get Public Link" and replaced it with a
new and improved "Get Shareable Link" command.  This does two things, it
gives a "Tiny URL" like address, but when you click on that link it
displays the HTML code of your web page, and asks if you want to
download it, rather than allowing the browser to display the page. I
find this to be very annoying.  I've left a message on their forum
explaining the problem and asking for a workaround or fix.  I have no
idea if they'll even respond.  However if more of us complain perhaps
there's a better chance that they'll take notice and do something about
it.

Have they fixed this already??

When I go to my 'My Dropbox' public folder on my local PC, I'm seeing
'Copy Public Link' in the Dropbox context menu when I right click on a
html file.  Pasting that into a browser brings up the web page not the
code.  Same thing when I go to my account on the Dropbox website.

I'm probably not understanding the problem.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia
http://lyons-ryan.org/southernlight/

--
Don't lose heart!  They might want to cut it out, and they'll want to avoid a
lengthily search.