From: Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: Question for those who have had submissions accepted to PPG...

Brian Walters wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:39 PM, "Mark Roberts"
><m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
>> Brian Walters wrote:
>>
>> >As others have mentioned, the time varies.  Currently I've got 20
>> >'Pending', five of which have been pending since 8 Nov.  On the other
>> >hand, several that I submitted when the new PPG came on line on 24 Oct
>> >were processed within a couple of weeks.
>> >
>> >With the PPG, patience is a prerequisite....
>>
>> I think we can assume at this point that the images *are* subject to a
>> second judging - one by people at Pentax - before being accepted into
>> the gallery. They just don't seem to be making a point of telling
>> people about it. (Probably good policy on their part, I suspect.)
>
>Well - I'm not sure.
>
>I've been following PPG's 'Recently Added' gallery regularly for the
>past week or so (I know - I need a life....) and it seems that new
>images are being added daily, even on weekends and holidays. That
>suggest to me that a computer program is involved somehow.

I seriously doubt that a computer program is involved. A couple of
years ago I talked to one of the Pentax people who was one of the
judges at that time; they're Pentax employees who have real, full-time
jobs and just fit in the PPG judging when they have spare time. If
it's still working the same way - and I have no reason to think it
wouldn't be - I'd expect to see photos being added at all kinds of odd
days and times of day.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com