On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:25:52AM -0500, David Parsons wrote:
> Because M43 has the same registration distance as the K mount.  You'd
> need an optical adapter to use M43 lenses properly.

You're confusing "Four Thirds" with "Micro Four Thirds".

The 4/3 register distance is about the same as that of the K-mount
(slightly shorter, but in the same ballpark).

Micro 4/3 is a much more compact system.  You can get adapters to
allow 4/3 (or K-mount) lenses on Micro 4/3 systems.  I have the
K-mount one; it's about an inch deep (with no optical elements).