> From: "Larry Colen, l...@red4est.com (From Droid)" <l...@red4est.com>
>
> I can see a few reasons.
> The kx is right on the verge of pocketability, the k5 is slightly too large.
> A little smaller and a better shape could make a big difference.
> Face recognition on focus
> It could be cheaper to build
> Manual focus in low light
> The k5 doesn't have a lot of gaps in its performance that will be fixed by
> huge leaps in the same form factor.  EVIL has an entirely different set of
> inherent strengths and weaknesses.  It's like the crescent tool company
> coming out with pliers and complaining that they aren't any better at
> removing nuts than the adjustable wrench you own.
> You are not the intended customer.
> I also find it funny that half the list gets a priapism over the new fuji,
> wishing it had a sensor as good as the K5 and was able to use pentax glass,
> but at the possibility that Pentax is coming out with a camera that will,
> then the sky is falling.
> If it's not what I think I want, then there is obviously no market for it.
>
> Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/hot-pentax-k-01-mirrorless-camera-coming-soon/
>>>
>>> More...
>>>

>>http://m.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/pentax-k-01-mirrorless-camera-revealed-in-february--1056080
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bong Manayon
>>> http://bong.manayon.net

I didn't hear anyone say the sky is falling.

I think it's natural to want something over and above what is
currently available. The rumored K-1 seems like it's just the 'over'
part, a backwards lateral, so to speak. If I was in the market for an
EVIL camera (aside from NEX-7) and had a bunch of K-mount lenses, then
it could be interesting, but not if I already had a K-7 or K-5.

It's exactly why the NEX-7 pushes my buttons and this this does not.

I don't believe the K-1 sounds like it'll be pocket-able... unless
overalls pocket and a pancake lens maybe. But then I don't think these
are intended as pocket-able, simply smaller.

Tom C.