While I agree with that photographer in general, she makes mistakes
in her calculations.

1. She says that she does wedding photography 4 months per year.
Then her business expenses, as she portrays them: insurances (professional,
...), car expenses, etc. - should be only calculated for 4 months.

2. Overall - it is not a "full year job". It's a 4-5 months job, - a
seasonal job.
It's like a personal tax return preparer: you cannot live on that income
the entire year; you have to do some other job during the rest of the
year.
Or, - she shouldn't say that "family portraits, senior portraits and
corporate jobs" is a way of getting out of the "hole".
In my view, - that's still a part of a full-time photographer's
business. Many creative jobs have the components that need to be done to
provide the rest.

But even with that - she isn't swimming in money just because she
is charging $3k for a wedding package.

Igor