On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 02:24:11PM -0500, Paul Stenquist wrote:

> She's also entering some of her living expenses, which is a bit odd . . .

More than simply "a bit odd".

She assigns costs for her house and car over the full year, rather
than for just the four months she claims is her working season.
She also claims a tax bill of $15,000 on income of $50,000, which
suggests she needs a better tax attorney - many of the charges
detailed (and already counted in the balance sheet) can be offset
against taxable income, which should reduce that total considerably.

I'm not saying that she's charging too much - just that the figures
presented to "justify" that charge don't hold water.  Far better to
simply say "I charge that much because that's a fair market price for
what I offer - if you can find a deal you like better, take it".

[Personally, I wouldn't want to shoot weddings as a way of earning
money.  I've done a couple of low-key events for friends & family,
but never as principal photographer at a formal wedding]